Tuesday, May 08, 2007

"Experienced Writter Seeks Work"

Email received yesterday at my www.thewritecontent.com inbox:

I AM AN EXPERIENCED JOURNALIST FROM INDIA. I LIVE IN CALCUTTA CITY. CAN I GET OPPORTUNITY TO WRITE BUSINESS PRESS RELEASE? CAN I EARN BY WRITTING THE PRESS RELEASES? HOW?

WAITING FOR YOUR RESPONSE

(name withheld)
JOURNALIST
INDIA
CALCUTTA CITY

In a crabby mood, I wrote back to "Name Withheld", explaining that an experienced journalist wouldn't send a pitch letter that contains spelling and grammatical errors. Here's his indignant reply:

I know the spelling of ‘writing’...................but it was the accident I made while sending you the mail yesterday...............................
anyway...thanks for the correction .....................and also thanks for corrcting me with a perfect geltleman’s attitude!!!.............
No human being in the world can boast of making even a ‘silly’ mistake ever............I think you are............

regards

(end of email)

Please... no more unsolicited solicitations from semi-literate "writters". It just isn't funny any more. At least, not to this "gentleman".

1 Comments:

At 10:19 AM, Blogger Freelance writer said...

I've seen this happen all too many times. Even though they have experience, their spelling, grammar and attitudes stink!

SO terrible to think that it is these very "writters" that are taking work from those of us who can spell.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home